Friday, October 9, 2015

Passive My Income Report for July 2015 & August 2015 (Combined Report)


Welcome to my first income report on Passive My Income. I've spent a few weeks preparing this income report and passed the deadline I've put in place for myself writing this first income report because I wanted to make sure that 
  • I covered everything that needs to be included such as  a little personal things that was going on during those months, correct income data, and to sum up what has been going on with some of my sites.  
  • It's my first report! I couldn't help debating on small and simple things before releasing it to you guys! Its just a case of me trying to perfect things. Sorry!

What Went On in July & August

Personal Matters

Over the last few months, for anyone that hasn't kept up with the first few published articles on this site, I am proud to say that my lady and I are only a  month away from seeing the birth of our son. For those who are parents, you know that the last few months in a pregnancy are very critical and very busy. 

I've lost count on how many times I have been to the Doctors office with my lady in these last months of the pregnancy. All together, it is a great experience and also knowing that the baby is healthy made it a lot easier in our minds. On top of all the changes that her body has been through, during those months, I have notice a slight change in certain areas of my daily life. My eating (eating more) and sleeping (sleeping more) habits has change but also I have notice a major drop in productivity levels. 

Long story short, I know once my son is here, more change is going to come but I like to think of it as a great change. More motivation to get to my goal of making passive income online. 

Niche Sites

During the months of July and August, things has been very slow for my niche sites. First off, this is solely my fault because I have not been very active when it came to updating my sites. At the beginning of year, I started a few additional niche sites to add to list of niche sites I already had. 

As stated in my older article, Getting Organized, I first set out to make a portfolio of niche sites that would each bring in small amounts of passive income every day that would add up to a nice amount at the end of the month. I knew it included a lot of work up front but I did not plan on the AMOUNT of work it REALLY takes before and after your site goes up. So, that dream was quickly shut down, temporarily.

Within the first few month of turning out articles on top of articles everyday and night for 60 days straight, I realized that I was spreading myself too thin. I realized that I could have spent that time working on 2, maybe 3 of my niche sites and really publish quality content for those sites. I could have spent that time cleaning the sites and making them more user friendly. 

Now I find myself going back and doing those same things I mentioned that I could have done in the early stages of some of the niche sites. Although I've been cleaning the portfolio of sites, I've also took the time to clean up some of the articles. What I mean is that I will go into an article that was published and look for incomplete sentences, misspelled words, add additional useful content or delete unnecessary content. Being that most if my sites are fairly new and do not have a lot of published content, it did not take long for me to scan through and clean up some of the articles. 

Basically you can say that for the months of July and August, I was clearing house and cleaning up!  I got rid of some old sites I do not have the time to work on and sites that were not performing as well as I thought they could. I also redesign some of the sites and started to update them with new quality content. 

Making Videos For YouTube

At the moment, I have managed to create a YouTube channel which so far, I am proud of. I say that because it is my first time being a YouTube creator instead just a viewer. One thing that I enjoy is trying things out to see if I can actually do it and be successful at it. 

I am still learning the ins and out of What I like to call " the other side of YouTube" so my channel may not be anywhere near the best but I honestly think with some more time learning and doing, the channel will be successful. 

Also I will like to add that I have not made any money and I'm not trying to make money with the YouTube channel right now because I'm still in the learning stages. Once the channel picks up with more content and subscribers, I may place advertisements but as for now I will just continue learning about making better content, trying new things and growing the channel. How I came about using YouTube as a creator started late last year when I was working on a campaign/project for Green Gen Recycling. While we were initially raising funds for a project, I decided to use YouTube as a marketing tool with the intentions of reaching a larger audience. During that time I came across niche sites challenges by Spencer Haws, Pat Flynn, Tung Tran, IncomeJane and Matthew Allen. While I enjoy keeping up every month with there progress, I've also been keeping up with online entrepreneurs, Glendon Cameron and Trissha Taylor who has both been very instrumental in my beginnings on YouTube. 

Glendon's videos are very inspirational and most importantly, very educational. He is a very knowledgeable guy and I would suggest taking a look at some of his videos on YouTube, which I would also suggest to have a pen and pad handy, you would definitely be taking some notes! In a later income report, I will go into a little more depth about how I use YouTube and how it can also benefit you.  

Money IS Being Made

Since starting my first niche sites in 2014, I can actually say that I have learned a lot, but I also know that there is A LOT more that I can learn. For instance, keeping up with many of those that I have named above, you cannot help but to notice that many of the software that they use actually do work when used properly. The thing is, I did not want to purchase much software when I first got started unless I absolutely had too. 

  • I had to purchase my Google Play App Developer fee of $25 if I wanted to be able to publish apps on Google Play. 
  • I Had to pay someone to help me build my mobile apps on Fiverr (Use The Link to Receive a Free Gig worth $5) because I did not have a clue as to what I was doing. 

As time went by with many trial and errors and failures, I've finally got a strategy that I use in the creation and distribution of content for my niche sites. I would actually prefer to call it a stream line process because I can apply it to many of my sites. As I continue to use this simple process, which I will outline in an upcoming article, my sites are gaining more viewers everyday but what I love most about it is that the views are mainly organic. I do not promote my sites much but they still continue to not only have a little bit of daily viewers but they continue to earn small amounts of money. This is simply amazing for several reasons:
  • Some of the earnings were came from sites that I have not had time to really work on lately. 
  • The sites that were doing well, were built with quality content I published in the early stages of building the sites.
  • I realize that if I put more time and effort into building up the sites and creating better content, I can be doing a lot better in terms of viewers and earnings.  
  • The fact that I've put under $100 into my online endeavors and have been seeing some results. Results I can definitely improve on with time, producing quality content, and putting in some money to my sites.
My Adsense earnings since the first time I've starting using it has came to just around $40. I've learned over time that you should not rely on Adsense earnings since Google can change its' algorithm, which determines how a page is ranked, at any given moment. So like the saying goes, "You can use it, Just do not depend on it", so I just look at it as a little bonus on top every month! With only having made $40, I find that number very funny and only a drop in the bucket compared to what others are making. 

I'm in no competition with anyone because I'm literally just starting out and there's people out there that has been doing this for years. It doesn't take a rocket scientist but it does take time to grow your sites and make money but I must also note that it has picked up a lot lately since I've started taking it more seriously. I've started publishing a lot more quality content and cleaning up the sites and with just that little work so far, I've seen a major difference in the number of daily views and earnings.

Which brings me to this, 
This my friends, is a link to a weight loss book by Dr. Phil that someone randomly purchased on Amazon. What's so great about it? I've earned a referral commission on this sale and I do not promote any health products on any of my sites nor is it related to any content on my sites. It is one of the many great things about Amazon.com 

This goes back to the example I used in the article I published "The Newbies Guide To Online Affiliate Marketing", in which you get a commission for any purchase by someone who uses one of your links to get to Amazon.

It was a great thing seeing this for the first time. I've made a few commissions on PRODUCTS THAT I PROMOTE but seeing this blew me away. It wasn't much that I earned but it opened up many possibilities in my mind and also taught me a great lesson; Better Content Yields Better Results. 

Now for what we have all been waiting for......

Income Report - July 2015 & August 2015

Income

Affiliate Earnings 
  • $0.28 - Amazon Associates for sales on Amazon.com (August)
Adsense
  •  $0.61(July)  $2.19(August) - Niche Sites
Android Applications 
  • $0.19(July)  $0.04(August)

Expenses
  •  $0.00 - Since most of my sites have been up before I started this challenge, I did not include the expenses I paid earlier in the year for the domain names, fee, etc. I'm pretty sure it will not stay like this for too long once things start to pick up!

Net Total for July 2015 & August 2015 - $3.31  

Total Unpaid Earnings 
  • $39.92 - Adsense
  • $2.58 - Amazon Associates for sales on Amazon.com
  • $0.69 - Android Applications

Short Recap

Since the day I started my pursuit in websites, applications and other online products, I never thought I would try to earn money from it. I never thought I would actually pursue making money online because I thought it was too difficult and time consuming to do. The time consuming part, yes, but after some trial and errors, playing around, and just simply trying out things, I realized that it was actually easy to learn and fun at times. 

I do not think if I simply did this just for the money, I would have gotten to this point. There were days that I was unmotivated and not very productive which in turn led to months of lost time that I could have used to learn, create and grow new ideas and old ones. These are the days that can really detour a person from pursuing creating online properties yet alone trying to make money online but those are also the days that can make or break what you are doing unless you keep on pushing forward. One thing that I benefited from was the fact that I put in countless hours of work day and night up front that I am now seeing some small positive results from. The earnings maybe little but it is steadily earning little amounts of money everyday which has motivated me to really start taking things seriously and getting busy. I am a firm believer that my monthly earnings will increase as I continue to create quality content and more importantly, once I start to invest more money into the businesses. The thing about using free products/software/services is that there will always be a certain limits as to what you can and cannot do with it and the last thing you would want to do is short change the potential of what you are doing. 

Thank You for being apart of my monthly income report. I am look forward to your comments and any suggestions as I am always looking forward to learning new things that will help me grow and build my online business. 

No comments:

Post a Comment