Thursday, March 3, 2016

Passive My Income Report for November 2015


Welcome to PMI Income Reports! 
Every month I create and share these reports which is a detailed account of my online earnings which helps me keep track of my progress, the trials and errors and also to give readers the ability to join me on my journey and hopefully take something out of it that you can use for yourself! 

Happy Thanksgiving to all of the friends, family and readers of Passive My Income blog. Firstly, I would like to thank everyone who so far has been apart of the journey and those who are just joining us. The month of November as you all already know is the time when we are all winding down from a full year of working and getting ready to spend the holidays with family and friends. Although I have been late with publishing articles and the income reports for this site and content for my portfolio, I have been spending a lot of quality time with my family, especially my newborn son. Being a first time dad is amazing in its own right and has made me make some changes in many areas of my life for the good and has also shaved down the time I usually dedicate to this blog and others which I will be back on a regular schedule once the holidays are over. 

Reading

Lately, I have been reading a lot of books on various topics which has been changing the way I think about money, life and my future. Now, I am not a fast reader nor do I read everyday but one habit that I am working on is reading a few chapters right after my morning workout (more on my workout below). As part of my challenge to myself to learn and open up my mind to new things, my goal is to purchase and read at least one book per month in which I will be able to use some of the information I've learned to improve my life overall whether it is financial related, personal and business relationships, my health or any other areas of my life I may not have mentioned. 


This month, I found myself picking up another book off of my shelf that I found to be a great read, "Act Like a Success, Think Like a Success" by Steve Harvey which I purchased back in 2014 the week it was released. The book is about personal development, teaching you how to find you gift or you natural talents and use them to achieve your dreams and also become successful. In the book, Steve also gives us stories about performing for his first HBO special, The Kings of Comedy tour, his first performance at a free amateur night, to making $25 a night, to $25,000 per night. 

The book, also packed with small activities for the reader to complete as you go along, gives great insight not just into Steve Harvey's life, but shows when identifying and taking action with your gift, with a vision, hard work and persistence, anyone can reach their goals and dreams, become successful and live happier lives.

Check out this Months' Monthly Read: Act Like a Success, Think Like a Success by Steve Harvey   

Exercising

So far, the small workout plan that I've put in place has been very rough to keep up with. I haven't stuck to a any type of workout schedule since playing soccer in high school and i must say, some mornings, which have been quite cold for Atlanta, I just don't have it in me to get up out of the warm house to go out there and run. So lately, I've been settling for working out in the house minus the running. I love outdoor activities, but I'm a island boy by nature, I can't deal with the early morning biting cold weather. 

Now I am not trying to gain abs or get any bigger than what I am currently, but what I am trying to do is to Stay Active and not become lazy and unfit from being behind the computer so much. Anyone who is consistently behind of a monitor for long hours of the day will tell you that it is easy to get locked in so far that hours will go by and you don't even realize it. So for me, I just came up with a simple plan that I feel comfortable sticking with. 

This month, I've only completed 75% of the plan due to the cold weather so my morning jogs have been cut short. Some of my friends continued their regular workout schedules but for me, I opted out for the indoor heat. LOL.

In total, I ran 5.7 miles the whole month of November, while completing all sets of push ups and sit ups.

Online Learning

Another part of my personal growth journey that I am really enjoying is keeping up with the #AskGaryVeeShow on Gary Vaynerchuk YouTube Channel. On top of keeping up with Pat Flynn on Smart Passive Income and Matthew Allen on Dumb Passive Income, I'm also listening to Glendon Cameron on his YouTube channel just about everyday which is how I found out about Gary Vaynerchuk. The techniques and lessons I am learning from these guys are all great and I have been applying them online, offline, and in my daily life with some successes so far. Another reason I enjoy listening to them is because they both have the years of knowledge and authenticity of creating and running real businesses.

This month, we saw the last income report on Dumb Passive Income which was a sad moment for me because I was one of the many fans of what Matthew has created over there. I remembered when I first started reading his income reports back in 2013 which had yet to crack the $1000 mark, I was very inspired. In fact, I was so inspired, 2 years later I started one of my own.

One source of inspiration this month for me is watching the new content Glendon has been putting out lately due to the growth of his channel and online businesses. One video in particular that was posted back in September that I really gained some insight from was "The Passive Income of Online Books" where he explained how many independent authors are making passive income from selling physical books and eBooks. He also gave a little detail about his early beginnings and his catalog of books he has on Amazon, which is something I love to hear about in many of his videos.


Social Media

My social media platforms has been very dry lately due to no activity for the last few months. Every once in a while, I will log in and check on things and maybe post a article here and there but that's about it. For the New year, I plan on being more active with my pages and hopefully growing my fan base to reach a larger audience.

Niche Sites



During the last few months, as some of you may know, I have cleared house and started the process of reorganizing my portfolio in way that is better to manage. There were many factors that contributed to this, but the main factors were
  • Everything Was A Mess If you remember me stating this in Getting Organized, I explained that when I first started out playing around with different online website builders and building niche sites, which was less 2 years ago, I had no sense of direction or purpose, no idea what I was doing or getting myself into and for the most part, had no idea that I would take this seriously. Once I got passed building my 3rd site, I quickly realized that there were alot of things I was still missing from the puzzle. Things like email clients, software that stores usernames and passwords and other tools, plugins etc, makes things less complicated for you.
  • Started To Learn More and More As I've always talked about, reading about and listening to guys like Pat Flynn, Gary Vaynerchuk, Spencer Haws, Glendon Cameron and many others, you start to learn and pick up a few things along the way. Many of their techniques, which I am proud to say, I have tried and incorporated into my life and my business. Another part of learning came from just trying out new things. As I go and move forward in the journey, I try not to dismiss anything too quickly which allows me to try something out, see if it works or has slight positive or negative results and then go from there. Reading more books about business and personal development has also contributed to these changes as well.
  • New Overall Goal While many of the first few sites, were just for fun, unexpectedly, some gained a little traction and some just did not stick around. Over time, I have gotten more serious about building better sites and started to focus in on what I really wanted out of all of this. The current goal is to build streams of income using a mixture of authority sites and niche sites, monetized videos, private labels, etc., but I quickly realized I needed a solid foundation and system in place before I can bring it all to life. Something that I have also mentioned in earlier posts, was that I would like to have my entire portfolio set up in a streamlined way. What I meant was that once organized and have built a solid foundation, I will like to have certain aspects of my business outsourced for example, building large and complex sites, designing logos and other brand images and audio and some content creation making it slightly easier to manage work and time. 
One of my main focus right now during the reorganizing phase is to also develop the backbone and structure of my new niche sites I am starting and completing a certain number of articles every week. 
My amazon earnings from my niche sites were $0.00 this month and for the most part, I fell like this is because there wasn't any promotions for the sites at all for the last few months. One thing is for sure, I am not too worried about that because the time that would normally be spent promoting the sites, it was spent making changes that I feel will rebound the numbers once they are finished. Taking into consideration that all of the traffic to the niche sites is organic, I am very excited and confident with the current plans for my niche sites and the way things have been shaping out but for the most part, there's still alot of work to be done to get them where I want them to be.
 
Mobile Applications
 
As of this month, I currently only have about 4 mobile apps in the the android app store right now and the original goal that was in place PMI first started was to first learn, understand then setup a system to have the apps created consistently every month or at least have more than what I started out with by the end of the year. I did not stick to the plan so the mobile apps portion of my portfolio has stayed stagnant since I've started out but this will all change within the next few months ahead. Due to the time difference, over the course of a few days, I've been in talks with the developer that I worked with previously to design some new mobile apps that I have procrastinated on for too long and needs to get done right away. 

Income Report - November 2015

Income

Affiliate Earnings
  • $0.00 - Amazon Associates for sales on Amazon.com
Adsense
  •  $0.85  - Niche Sites
Android Applications 
  • $0.00 - Mobile Advertising
Net Total for November 2015 - $0.85 

Expenses
  •  $0.00 - Since most of my sites and apps have been up before I started this challenge, I did not include the expenses I paid earlier in the year for the domain names, fee, etc. I'm pretty sure it will not stay like this for too long once things start to pick up! 
If you are curious and would like to know my initial expenses for my online businesses at the beginning of the year, here is the breakdown:
  • $10.33 - Domain Names
  • $25.00 - Google Play Developer Fee 
  • $40.00 - Development of Mobile Apps
Year To Date Total Expenses - $75.33

Short Recap

November was a month that showed that my journey is still a major work in progress. From a numbers stand point, I am nowhere close to the goals I have pit in place for myself and my online business but I can see some progress behind so far. The changes that I've made so far with the niche sites and is showing slightly positive results especially taking into consideration that all of the traffic is organic. The reorganization plan that has been going on for a few months now on the niche sites and my overall portfolio, creating content for the new and current sites will more than likely go into the New Year, but I will have the foundation set and ready to continue to build on by end of the first quarter. 

Thank You for being apart of my monthly online income report. I am look forward to your comments and any suggestions as I am always looking forward to improving and learning new things that will help me grow and build my online business. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment